Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Last Lap


As Winter turns to Spring and the rains come and, depending on the day, I have the back-and-forth struggle between using my car's air-conditioner and the heater, I find myself in the final death throes of my education.

When all is said and done, at least I have this to take pride in: Public school, born and raised, the whole way through, baby.

This makes me happy.

It's been an arduous, often frustrating, 24-year trip. But it's also been a safe trip, always having had the arms of school around me, cushioning me from the harsh reality of a life without Spring or Summer or Winter or Thanksgiving breaks.

I've always been a fan of those.

It's a scary and humbling thing to realize that in 1 month, whether I'm prepared for it or not, real life will officially start.

dubs. out.

No comments: