Sunday, May 11, 2008

Quote of The Week, Silverman – 4/11/08

Wealth awaits the writer who values the art director over the dictionary.

-Paul Silverman, former CCO, Mullen

It’s no secret around the Brandcenter that I am someone who has yet to truly embrace technology.

Some say I'm scared, claiming that people fear that which they don't understand, but I disagree.

While I have no problems thinking visually and digitally, or trying to work in the crazy netherword that is the internet and in creating new ways to do so, I have yet to actually be able to perform any of it beyond a Microsoft Word document or piece of notebook paper.

Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash and FinalCut are not currently my friends, as much as I’d like them to be. And although I will hopefully be able to use this summer and next year to become more efficient in seducing them, it hasn’t happened yet.

So to every art director I’ve ever worked with, here is my formal thank you.

Thank you for putting up with my annoying requests, my obnoxious 3AM copy changes, my aggravating pokes at your screens as I insist the logo be pushed 3 centimeters to the left.

Thank you for putting up with me, despite the fact that I cracked most of the eggshells I walked on while speaking to you.

More than anything else, thank you for always coming through for me, and with me.

I couldn’t have done this year without you.

dubs. out.

No comments: