Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Still Suck

After more than a month of hard work and a prodigious amount of Doritos, this superb, giant pencil paperweight is what I have to show for it:


Winning my first pencil (although bronze) was truly a treat. It was exciting and amazing, but it was also extraordinarily humbling.

It made me realize that no one really cares if you win or not.

Even the One Club didn't seem to care, as they put our commercial in the wrong order when they announced the winners, and skipped over it entirely.

Our shining moment of anticlimatic glory came upon us and vanished just as fast. The only thing we were left with was the stinging pain of irony, slapping us hard across our faces. If this particular irony made a sound, it would be devilish, helium-octaved laughter.

But even still, it was a blast.

To see the fruits of our labor, click here. (Pay close attention to the brown-haired stud in the fantastic pair of pants).

Though we didn't win the client pitch, we had a great showing and I was proud of our presentation. And in the spirit of camaraderie, at least it was the other Brandcenter team that walked away with the title, one member of which is my roommate's girlfriend, who deserves it more than anyone else I know.

But I did get to hear Nick Law announce my name. Which could be the last time that ever happens.

But hopefully not.

dubs. out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you.

jd said...

thanks, pal.

note: read the above post.

tor said...

those were fantastic pants - some might say they confusing? you know it.

Raquel B. Gimenez said...

You are so depressing!!!

JesseB said...

I agree with Raquel. Youre one pencil on your way to the top.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.