Monday, August 18, 2008

Quote of The Week, Keller – 8/17/08

When I feel most successful I fear death. When I have a great idea… Or something really big happens, I think I’m gonna die instantly. And I won’t be there to continue to experience that feeling of what that is. Or see how it ends up manifesting in the world. So I fear death intensely at the moment of success.

-Andrew Keller, Co-ECD, CPB

So I graduated from Crispin's Internship program. Good Lord. What a ride. Without saying too much, this summer:

I watched Whopper Freakout 10 feet from Rob Reilly and Jeff Benjamin.
I wrote about 100 scripts, half of them for Coke Zero.
I wrote about 1,000 lines, a third of them for Compass Bank.
I experienced what a 100-hour work week feels like (once).
I experienced what 2 all-nighters in a row feels like (it hurts).
I concepted until my brain tapped out.
I threw 2 pens in frustration.
I lost one pair of sunglasses.
I accidently sent out a blank agency-wide e-mail.
I literally got kicked in the ass by Rob Reilly.
I pet Chuck Porter's dog.
I made a drunken ass out of myself in front of Andrew Keller.
I talked about the internet with Jeff Benjamin.
I stared at Alex Bogusky, 50 feet from my desk.
I ate enough Special K and drank enough protein shakes to last several lifetimes.
I tried the gigantic new Steakhouse Burger from BK.
I almost threw up the gigantic new Steakhouse Burger from BK.
I saw Microsoft's new tagline.
I signed a piece of paper promising I wouldn't say what Microsoft's new tagline is.
I listened to a shit-ton of Pandora.
I read a shit-ton of The Onion.
I watched a shit-ton of Hulu.
I ate a shit-ton of catered food.
I drank a shit-ton of Emergen-C.
I wrote a shit-ton of copy.
I lost my entire harddrive.
I went biking (once).
I saw Denver (once).
I saw the Rockies (twice).
I saw Girl Talk live.
I got caught in a hailstorm.
I got a mile-high sunburn (twice... it's no joke up there).
I hiked (thrice).
I made it to the gym (5 times).
I saw Dee Snyder on my flight home.


I asked him if he "wanted to rock" as I passed his seat.
I lied on my blog about asking Dee Snyder if he "wanted to rock."
I met some of the smartest, humblest people I think I ever will.
I realized I can do this shit.
I learned more than I ever thought I would.

I realized how much more I have to learn.

dubs. out.

No comments: